River of Life Public Outreach Programme Phase 5
River of Life Public Outreach Programme Phase 5 (ROLPOP5)The River of Life (RoL) project, identied as a project under the Government of Malaysia National Transformation Programme, aims transform the eight (8) rivers that are located within the Greater KL / KlangValley region. The project comprises of three (3) components i.e. River Cleaning, River Beautification and Commercialism and Toursim. The River of Life Public Outreach Programme (RoLPOP) is part of the key initiatives (12B) under the River Cleaning component. The programme which started in 2012, aims at on-the-ground education and behavioural change towards caring for rivers. Phase 1 and 2 of the programme have been completed for the Upper Klang River catchment and Bunus River, and is now expanded to Phase 3 - 5, covering the entire River of Life boundary.
Duration: 2017 - 2020
Funder: Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID) Malaysia
Partners: Kementerian Wilayah Persekutuan, Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur
- General public,
- Educational instituitional and students,
- Local communities,
- Food establishment, hawkers, wet markets and workshops, and
- Industries, corporations and developers.
Phase 5 of POP aims to address pollution by:
- Educating the public on common do’s and don’ts as well as other skills to preserve the river;
- Developing and promoting Best Management Practices (BMPs) linked to other thirteen (13) ROL key initiatives;
- Promoting a sense of ownership toward the river; and
- Initiating a long term and sustainable change in behavior towards conserving the river.
For more information about the project, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org