National River Care Fund (application form)
National River Care Fund – Small Grant Programme is an initiative established by Global Environment Centre (GEC) to support local community, community based organisations/non-profit organisations to pursue their own river conservation initiatives.
The goals are to establish and encourage a river care civil society that has the capability to contribute and demonstrate the best management practices of Malaysia and to support establishment and sustainability of community based in water and river care programme in Malaysia.
GEC believes this initiative will motivate our community in becoming a river care civil society and provide a platform of collaboration among government, corporates and public.
What we fund?
National River Care Fund is a of RM2000 up to RM5, 000 per project .
- Awareness raising & community participation activities
- Riverine biodiversity conservation
- River audit or pollution monitoring
- River protection and conservation/restoration of riparian area
- River restoration or rehabilitation
- Sustainable livelihood linked to river conservation
- Disseminate best practices for pollution reduction
- River clean up
- River habitat creation
- RIVER Ranger/SMART Ranger/Dr H2O programme
National River Care Fund must be used for environmental purposes and there are a few minimum requirements that organisations must meet in order to be eligible for the grant.
National River Care Fund Cycle III is only eligible for Community-based organisations (CBOs) such as Resident Associations, JKKK and Rukun Tetangga; and special interest groups who has interest in the management of their river basins.
The grant must be used for projects located in Malaysia.
· Selection process
- The submission date is every 1st of October to 1st December and 1st April to 1st June - for each calendar year.
- The application of NRCF (cycle III) of 2016 is now extended to December 21, 2016.
- The implementation of project should take place 1st January or 1st July respectively.
- Initial review
- GEC will select eligible proposals and divide them into categories and undertake an initial ranking according to agreed criterias
- Final selection
- The National River Care Fund Advisory Committee will screen shortlisted proposals and give recommendations to GEC for approval/non approval
- The Secretariat will contact the selected applicants in early January 2017.followed by a briefing on project progress and review.
- Successful applicants will need to signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) prior to receiving the grant.
- The grants are usually paid out in two instalment: i) 70% upon signing the agreement; ii) 30% after receiving final report..
- Project Implementation
- Upon receiving the first instalment of the fund, grantee is required to implement the proposed project activities within the first three (3) months.
- Project Reporting
The interim and final reports are to be delivered to GEC by the deadlines stipulated in the contract. Final report must always consist of (1) a narrative report, (2) a financial report. All reports shall be sent together within respective contracted dealines and shall be signed by statutory representative of the grantee.
- Project Termination
- Failure to implement the propised activities or made good progress within the first (3) months will cause project termination and grantee is required to refund the grant money to GEC.
How to apply?
Complete and submit the application form. Incomplete form will not be entertained.
The form (in English) is available at NRCF application form (English) .
The application form is also available in other languages:
c) NRCF application form (Tamil)
Extended to 31st December 2016
Ask us. We are here to help
The Secretariat is available to clarify all enquiries. Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 037957 2007